Food Inspections - Facilities
The Ashland County Health Department’s Environmental Health staff conducts inspections to assure compliance with Ohio’s Food Safety Regulations to keep the public safe. A person or food establishment in Ashland City or Ashland County wishing to serve or sell food for a charge or required donation to the public is required by law to first obtain a license from the ACHD.
Public notification of inspection results is not required by law, but we believe consumers have the right to make informed decisions about the safe and sanitary operation of an establishment they wish to patronize.
When reviewing this information, please note that an inspection report may not be representative of the overall, long-term conditions within a facility. The inspection information provided here shows only the conditions of the facility at the time of the inspection. Also, a violation at a facility which is part of a restaurant/grocery chain indicates a problem only at that particular location.
Inspection Frequency - Facility inspections are conducted one to four times per year, depending on the complexity of a facility’s menu and their potential risk of a foodborne illness. Inspection reports will become available throughout the year, as inspections are conducted per the frequency requirements.
- Critical Violations – Violations of the Food Regulations, which, if left uncorrected, are more likely than other violations to directly contribute to food contamination or illness. Examples include improper temperature control of food, and the improper cooking, cooling, refrigeration or reheating of food. Such problems can create environments that cause pathogens (bacteria/viruses) to grow and thrive, which put consumers at risk for food-borne illness.
- Non-Critical Violations - Violations not directly related to the cause of foodborne illness, however if uncorrected, could affect the operation of the facility and lead to critical violations. Examples include a lack of facility cleanliness and maintenance, or improper cleaning of nonfood-contact equipment.
Types of Inspections -
- Standard Inspection - This inspection is unannounced to the facility. A local health department sanitarian will conduct a complete inspection covering all items in the regulations for compliance.
- Thirty Day Inspection - This is a standard inspection that must be conducted no more than thirty days after a license is issued to a new Food Service Operation or Retail Food Establishment.
- Pre-license Inspection - This inspection is not required, but may be conducted by the local health department prior to issuing a license to a new Food Service Operation or Retail Food Establishment. The purpose of this inspection is to provide consultation and education to the operator.
- Critical Control Point (CCP) - This inspection may be scheduled or unannounced. A sanitarian will spend time reviewing a facility’s food processes that may directly contribute to food contamination or illness and educates the facility on proper procedures.
- Process Review (PR) - This inspection may be scheduled or unannounced. This type of inspection is similar to a CCP inspection; however the inspections are conducted in facilities such as grocery stores or convenience stores. The inspection will focus on a specific process that may directly contribute to food contamination or illness.
- Follow-up Inspection - This is an inspection for the specific purpose of re-inspecting items that were not in compliance at the time of the standard, CCP and/or PR inspection. These inspections are scheduled.
- Complaint - This is an unannounced inspection conducted as a result of a complaint received by a local health department. The specifics of the complaint will be evaluated and discussed with the person in charge of the facility.
|Name of Facility||Facility Location||Last Inspection|
|Adkins 12th St. Market & More||118 E. 12th Street, Ashland||09/21/2022|
|Ashland Drive Thru 2 & Car Wash||1032 E. Main Street, Ashland||06/30/2022|
|Ashland Mobil||342 E. Main Street, Ashland||06/16/2022|
|Ashland Moose Lodge 1383||1112 Cleveland Avenue, Ashland||09/23/2022|
|Ashland Moto Mart||650 E. Main Street, Ashland||06/22/2022|
|Ashley's Candy & Nut Shoppe||39 E. Main Street, Ashland||09/08/2022|
|A-Town Tap||47 E. Main Street, Ashland||09/08/2022|
|Beer Barrel/Carry-Out||1280 Franklin Avenue, Ashland||08/03/2022|
|Bellstores #59 & Subway #60||2115 Baney Road, Ashland||02/14/2022|
|Brethren Care Village-Main||2000 Center Street, Ashland||09/13/2022|
|Brethren Care Village-Wasen||2000 Center Street, Ashland||09/13/2022|
|Brookside West Park||Brookside West Park Baney Road, Ashland||08/03/2022|
|Buehler's Fresh Foods||1055 Sugarbush Drive, Ashland||07/18/2022|
|Bull Shooters||35 E. Main Street, Ashland||08/23/2022|
|Burger King||10 Sugarbush Court, Ashland||09/12/2022|
|Castle Banquet & Meeting Center||561 TR 3352, Loudonville||09/01/2022|
|Cattleman's Restaurant||1 North St., Savannah||08/11/2022|
|Chipotle Mexican Grill 2991||1988 E. Main Street, Ashland||09/15/2022|
|Circle K||615 Cottage Street, Ashland||02/07/2022|
|Circle K||411 E. Main Street, Ashland||06/22/2022|
|Cleveland Avenue Market||1225 Cleveland Avenue, Ashland||09/13/2022|
|Country Town Pride||1221 Cleveland Avenue, Ashland||08/02/2022|
|Dairylicious & More||880 South Market Street, Loudonville||09/01/2022|
|Dollar General Store||825 E. Main Street, Ashland||04/19/2022|
|Dollar Tree||75 Amberwood Parkway, Suite 1, Ashland||06/9/2022|
|Donna D's Family Pizza||1315 Cleveland Avenue, Ashland||09/14/2022|
|Dorlo Pizza||1211 Orange Road, Ashland||09/15/2022|
|Drug Mart||1631 Claremont Avenue, Ashland||05/20/2022|
|Eagles Aerle #2178||400 Eastlake Dr., Ashland||09/27/2022|
|Family Dollar Store||1305 Cleveland Avenue, Ashland||07/28/2022|
|Goldberry Roasting Company||1310 Claremont Avenue, Ashland||04/07/2022|
|Hampton Inn & Suites||2055 East Main Street, Ashland||09/14/2022|
|Hawkins Market||1617 Claremont Avenue, Ashland||03/07/2022|
|Heffelfinger's Meat Market||1110 Commerce Parkway||01/14/2022|
|Joan's Tavern||165 Union Street, Ashland||02/02/2022|
|Kingston of Ashland Main Kitchen||20 Amberwood Pkwy, Ashland||02/08/2022|
|Little Caesar's Pizza||1127 Claremont Avenue, Ashland||02/17/2022|
|Luray Lanes||647 E. Main Street, Ashland||09/15/2022|
|Lutheran Village of Ashland||330 South Davis Rd, Ashland||09/26/2022|
|Lyn-Way Restaurant||1320 Cleveland Ave, Ashland||09/22/2022|
|Main & Union Duchess||153 E. Main Street, Ashland||07/25/2022|
|Nankin Youth League||779 SR 302 Rear, Nankin||09/24/2022|
|O'Bryan's Pub||1065 Claremont Ave, Ashland||02/10/2022|
|Ohio Fire||88 E. Main Street, Ashland||09/21/2022|
|Papa John's Pizza||1430 Claremont Avenue, Ashland||08/03/2022|
|Perrysville VFW Post-18586||2802 CR 917, Perrysville||09/01/2022|
|Phase Two Pizza||146 East 1st Street, Perrysville||09/01/2022|
|Rite Aid Pharmacy||419 Claremont Avenue, Ashland||05/20/2022|
|Rolling Acres Golf Course||63 SR 511, Nova||09/12/2022|
|Ruggles- Troy Youth League||911 US 224 East, Nova||05/16/2022|
|Sam's Cafe||1025 Center Street, Ashland||02/10/2022|
|Savannah Youth League||State Route 545, Savannah||09/24/2022|
|Save A Lot Food Stores||161 Center Street, Ashland||06/22/2022|
|Subway 39370||1996 E. Main St., Ashland||09/26/2022|
|The Flour Barrel Bulk Foods||1289B Claremont Ave, Ashland||08/03/2022|
|The Old Elevator||1262 Franklin Avenue, Ashland||05/20/2022|
|Tim Hortons||1185 E. Main St., Ashland||09/25/2022|
|Trails End Pizza Company||3052 St. Rt. 3, Loudonville||09/01/2022|
|Troy Road Market||1300 Troy Road||02/07/2022|
|Name of Mobile Unit||Mobile Address||Last Inspection|
|B&B Food Truck||1260 TR 1253, Ashland||09/13/2022|
|J&H Concessions||1696 Twp. Rd. 1419, Unit E, Mansfield||09/22/2022|
|Tay's Tasties||379 Twp. Rd. 1080, Ashland||07/29/2022|
Inspection reports will be uploaded at the end of each month.