The Ashland County Health Department has the following openings:
Title: COVID-19 Response Specialist
Position Type: Full Time, 12 month TERM position
Primary Location: 1763 State Route 60
Salary Range: $16.50 - $18.50
Benefits: Yes: medical, dental, vision, OPERS retirement, vacation/sick leave.
Work Hours: Normal Operating Hours are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm; however, a flexible time
schedule is available. Job does require some evening and weekend hours.
Apply Via Email: Jill Hartson
email@example.com, 419-282-4295 or 419-282-4231
Subject Line: COVID-19 Job Applicant
Apply Before: June 7th at 11:59 p.m.
The COVID-19 Response Specialist is responsible for the Ashland County Health Department’s
(ACHD) mitigation and response efforts to address the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. This
position reports directly to the Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Coordinator.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining situational awareness of ACHD’s response to COVID-19 and providing routine
performance reports on epidemiological response, public health education, community
complaints and concerns, and provided technical assistance.
- Monitoring Ashland, Ohio’s COVID-19 access to testing at the local, regional and state level to
ensure testing needs are met.
- Supporting the ACHD Division of Nursing in the COVID-19 monitoring and isolation efforts to
include volunteer recruitment and training coordination, as needed.
- Coordinating the communication and public health education activities related to COVID-19
threat and community mitigation efforts.
Position Description, COVID-19 Response Specialist
- Assisting in the ACHD’s efforts to identify Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) needs amongst
community partners and disperse PPE from the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS). Researching
and educating community partners about PPE conservation techniques. Identifying additional
suppliers/resources to support Ashland, Ohio’s PPE needs.
- Working closely with the PHEP Coordinator on implementing the ACHD’s response plans
individually, and as a whole with Emergency Support Function (ESFs) community partners.
- Serving as a subject matter expert in the COVID-19 planning and response efforts adopted by
Ashland partners who serve the at-risk populations or populations with access and functional
needs. This includes, but is not limited to the Amish population, Ashland University, Ashland
County Jail, Long Term Care Facilities, and public and private schools.
- Communicating regularly with the professionals from the healthcare system and other ESFs.
- Securing businesses and agencies to serve as a closed Point of Dispensing (POD) sites for mass
vaccinations. Providing education and guidance for successful execution of a closed POD.
Proven experience with project management and coordination.
Knowledge of MS Office, with an in-depth knowledge of Excel.
Strong ability to complete data analysis using qualitative and quantitative data.
Strong communication skills.
Functional knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Position will be trained on website
design to post public health education materials.
Preferred experience working with contracts or grants.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Community Health, Health Education/Promotion, Behavioral
Sciences, Biostatistics/Epidemiology or other related degree. Master’s degree is preferred. Must have
completed FEMA Incident Command On-line Courses: IS-100, IS-200, IS-700 and IS-800.
Office setting but may be requested to lift heavy objects from time to time. May be required to work
some evening and weekend hours.
Final applicant must submit to a drug and alcohol test. Employment is contingent upon successful
completion of a criminal records check.