Covid - 19 for Businesses
Responsible RestartOhio is about protecting the health of employees, customers, and their families; supporting community efforts to control the spread of the virus; and, leading in responsibly getting Ohio back to work.
The following are sector specific operating requirements for businesses to open as part of Responsible RestartOhio.
COVID-19 Update: Reopening of Restaurants, Bars, and Personal Care Services- May 7th, 2020 News Release from the Ohio Department of Health.
Responsible Restart Ohio - Operating Guidelines & Requirements For:
- Directors Camp Safe Order
- Child Care
- Consumer, Retail & Services
- Day Camps
- General Office Environments
- Local Pools, Public Pools & Aquatic Centers
- Manufacturing, Distribution & Construction
- Restaurants & Bars
- Restaurant & Food Establishment Guidance
- Director of Health Dine Safe Ohio Order FAQ
- Hair Salons, Day Spas, Nail Salons, Barbershops, Tanning Facilities, Tattoo Parlors, and Body Piercings
- Sectors Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio: Massage Therapy, Acupuncture, Cosmetic Therapy
Sports & Leagues
Healthcare & Hospitals
5 PROTOCOLS FOR ALL BUSINESSES:
- Require face coverings for employees and recommend them for clients/customers at all times.
- Conduct daily health assessments by employers and employees (self-evaluation) to determine if “fit for duty.”
- Maintain good hygiene at all times – hand washing, sanitizing and social distancing.
- Clean and sanitize workplaces throughout workday and at the close of business or between shifts.
- Limit capacity to meet social distancing guidelines.
- Establish maximum capacity at 50% of fire code.
- And, use appointment setting where possible to limit congestion.
TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS WHEN A COVID-19 INFECTION IS IDENTIFIED:
- Immediately report employee or customer infections to the local health district.
- Work with local health department to identify potentially exposed individuals to help facilitate appropriate communication/contact tracing.
- Shutdown shop/floor for deep sanitation if possible.
- Professionally clean and sanitize site/location.
- Reopen in consultation with the local health department.